At Soelberg’s Market, our goal is to provide you with quality cuts of meat, which is why we prefer Certified Angus Beef. Not all Angus is equal. According to the Certified Angus Beef ® website, 'other labels may say Angus, but that's where the similarities end. True Certified Angus Beef ® sets the bar and you can taste the difference. Their beef must pass 10 stringent quality specifications to earn their premium mark, ensuring a product that's 'flavorful, tender and juicy.' .
MARBLING AND MATURITY
- Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
- Medium or fine marbling texture – the white 'flecks of flavor' in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
- Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as 'A' maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
THE NEXT THREE SPECIFICATIONS ENSURE A UNIFORM, CONSISTENT STEAK SIZE:
- 10- to 16-square-inch ribeye area
- Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
- Less than 1-inch fat thickness
AND FINALLY, FOUR SPECIFICATIONS FURTHER ENSURE THE QUALITY APPEARANCE AND TENDERNESS OF THE BRAND:
- Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
- Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
- No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)
Information courtesy of the Certified Angus Beef ® website.