At Soelberg’s Market, our goal is to provide you with quality cuts of meat, which is why we prefer Certified Angus Beef. Not all Angus is equal.
According to the Certified Angus Beef ® website, 'other labels may say Angus, but that's where the similarities end. True Certified Angus Beef ® sets the bar and you can taste the difference. Their beef must pass 10 stringent quality specifications to earn their premium mark, ensuring a product that's 'flavorful, tender and juicy.'
MARBLING AND MATURITY
1. Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
2. Medium or fine marbling texture – the white 'flecks of flavor' in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
3. Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as 'A' maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
THE NEXT THREE SPECIFICATIONS ENSURE A UNIFORM, CONSISTENT STEAK SIZE:
4.10- to 16-square-inch ribeye area
5. Less than 1,000-pound hot carcass weight
6. Less than 1-inch fat thickness
AND FINALLY, FOUR SPECIFICATIONS FURTHER ENSURE THE QUALITY APPEARANCE AND TENDERNESS OF THE BRAND:
7. Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
8. Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
9. No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
10. No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)
Information courtesy of the Certified Angus Beef ® website.